The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including, but not limited to, shipping and receiving client products and materials, maintaining inventory and associated records, and the appearance and orderliness of the warehouse. Personnel management responsibilities include training, planning and assigning daily work tasks, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the operations at multiple GMP facilities, including remote or onsite when necessary.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites when needed.
- Operating various industrialized powered vehicles. This would include but not limited to:
- Walkie Riders
- Scissor Lift
- Manage and assist in daily warehouse areas including, but not limited to:
- Planning daily schedules and priorities for staff.
- Ability to enter orders for receipts and shipments in the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Ensuring that inbound shipments are accurately processed and put away into proper storage environment per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Client Operating Procedures (COP), and Receipt Notification Forms (RNF).
- Ensuring that outbound shipments are accurately picked and packed accordingly per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Client Operating Procedures (COP), and Shipping Notification Forms (SNF).
- Managing inventory of Sentry owned materials (Temperature Monitors, Shippers, etc.) and replenish as needed.
- Ensuring documentation accuracy of receipts, shipments, and inventory in warehouse.
- Ensuring staff properly maintains the cleanliness and appearance of all areas of the Warehouse.
- Ensuring staff training is current, including SOPs, COPs, and relevant HR related training.
- Ability to train staff accordingly on all facets of Warehouse Operations, including Inbound Receipts, Outbound Shipments, and any other operations that apply.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the department
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Continuously strive to improve warehouse operational practices
- Ensure all warehouse Operation employees are properly trained prior to performing any assigned task
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Director or VP of Operations
- Write or revise Standard Operating Procedures/Client Operating Protocols/Policies
- Interact daily with Sentry clients to communicate orders
- Participate in audits of Sentry by clients and regulatory authorities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, technical writing, and oral)
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Self-motivated and require little direction or supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attendance and punctuality during normal business hours
- Effective time management when dealing with and working under time constraints and other pressures associated with performing all aspects of this job
- Ability to organize work
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of quality, compliance and training requirements for product safety
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations and reporting requirements
- Embraces change and is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Consistently searches for more efficient and effective ways to improve processes and procedures
- Ability to understand basic job functions and relate those to other job categories within the company
- Excellent verbal and written skills with all levels of the organization and ability to develop rapport with other members within the company
- Drives results through personal initiative and perseverance
- Excellent Teamwork skills
- Can act as mentor to team members and interfaces with other departments
- Capacity workload planning and prioritizing
- Excellent software proficiency and ability to learn/use Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Education and/or experience
BS or BA degree is required or equivalent experience
Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry or related field is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to cold/freezing conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is within OSHA regulations.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Warehouse Operations
Schedule: Full Time, On-Site
Experience: BS or BA degree is required or equivalent experience
Travel Required: Some, Between Locations