The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods; and maintaining inventory records (in-depth knowledge of the WMS program). General daily coordinating activities include training, planning and organizing daily work schedules, assisting in the warehouse and resolving problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to follow all procedures and processes involved with, but not limited to:
- The movement of all materials around the facility
- Maintain clear product segregation and identification/location
- Investigating any damage or discrepancy reports
- Work with area leadership and other team members to enforce specific business processes/procedures, including but not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge and ability to perform the client order entry process
- Internal facility product flow
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Security within the facility
- Operates various industrialized powered vehicles and other warehouse equipment
- Monitors and measures inventory results for accuracy of inventory, movement and storage of material
- Involvement in client meetings and/or discussions to develop/maintain client relationship/s, this may require travel and/or attendance of training programs
- Assists any investigations concerning client complaints when the delivery or receipt of product or service provided does not meet their expectations
- Involved in defining and ensuring compliance with all SOP’s for business needs
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory control procedures and documentation for all materials and finished goods stored in the facility
- Periodically carry on-call phone and respond to after-hours alarm situations and/or emergencies
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to lead projects with a limited scope and an ability to impact operations inside the department while promoting teamwork
- Embraces change and is dedicated to continuous improvement. Consistently searching for more efficient and effective ways to improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand basic job functions and relate those to other job categories within the company.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and ability to develop rapport with other members within the company to make decisions.
- Drives results through personal initiative and perseverance.
- Excellent Teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, solutions orientation and presentation skills.
Education and/or experience
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Any college level degree is a plus. Two to five years of warehouse experience is required. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and cold/freezing conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud in specific areas.
Certification, License, and Training Requirements
- Ability to become certified Forklift operator and trainer
- Valid drivers license required.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Department: Warehouse Operations
Schedule: Full Time, On-Site
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
Experience: 2-5 Years Related