The Training Coordinator’s responsibilities include managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programs. Training Coordinator will also be responsible for finding qualified applicants, assisting with interviewing and hiring, and onboarding of new hires, communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research training curriculums actively and remain up-to-date on developments within the industry and competitors.
- Seek and gather information from management, employees, and other departments regarding the effectiveness of completed training courses and constantly seek to improve.
- Create instructional materials to be used in training.
- Actively seek current training methods and best practices to facilitate training employees.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to proactively identify topics to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction.
- Developing internal marketing materials to be distributed within the company promoting the course and necessary details.
- Assist in planning, creating, updating, and implementing training courses and materials for each department.
- Implement training courses for new hires including general safety and workplace training, as well as job specific training.
- Track employee training progress, understanding, and practice; ensuring acceptable timelines within guidelines of SOPs and industry standards.
- Manage scheduling, assigning, and tracking completion of annual required trainings.
- Assist in developing job descriptions.
- Recruit new hires, manage job postings on website and third-party career sites (including Linked In, Indeed, etc.), and filter resumes for qualified applicants in order to pass along to the appropriate department’s Director/Manager for review.
- Assist in phone screening, interview scheduling, and participate in interviews as needed.
- Submit approved applications for drug and background screening.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees including online registration, benefit overview, calendaring benefit eligibility deadlines, 90-day and annual evaluations, and following up on same.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience in training role is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and other departments.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously.
- Instructional experience in a group business setting preferred.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service.
- Experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to lesson planning, development, and implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in creating instructional materials.
- Experience creating yearly training plans and materials for all departments.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Embraces change and is dedicated to continuous improvement. Consistently searching for more efficient and effective ways to improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand basic job functions and relate those to other job categories within the company.
- Drives results through personal initiative and perseverance.
Education and/or experience
BS or BA degree in Human Resources, or equivalent experience is required. Five years of professional experience with a proven track record is required. Experience in pharmaceutical/bio-tech or a highly regulated industry is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to acquire, organize, and apply information as well as relay the information to others in an understandable manner
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to maintain regular and predictable attendance, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM M-F
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted within the line of work
- Valid Drivers License Required
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: Full Time, On-Site
Education: BS or BA degree in Human Resources or 5 Years Equivalent Experience (Required)
Travel Required: Some, Between Locations