This Saturday, April 27th, 2019 several Sentry BioPharma Services team members will be proudly participating in the 2019 Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure ®.
Over the years this event has raised more than $2 billion dollars to help fund research, education, screening and treatment. This event is unique in that 100% of the net proceeds are invested in the Komen mission. 25% of all funds go towards research to learn about the biology of breast cancer, advance new screening technologies, develop better treatment protocols and combat metastatic disease. The remaining 75% is invested in locally through a community grants program. Last year $697,047 was invested in 9 local breast health programs and provide 40,000 services within a 41-county service area in Indiana.
Our team realizes that fundraising is critical to helping breast cancer patients living right here in central Indiana. These sobering statistics from the Central Indiana Susan G. Komen website help to bring that need even more into focus.
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Every 19 seconds, somewhere in the world, a case of breast cancer is diagnosed.
- Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
- Every 13 minutes, one woman in the U.S will lose her life to breast cancer.
- At the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths will occur around the world in the next 25 years.
Sentry is determined to take action and this event is our chance to support the Komen organization in its efforts to end breast cancer forever.
For more info on how you can help please visit the Susan G. Komen® website.